- Catchword is also a name for a headword in a dictionary.
- For the game show, see Catchword (game show).
- De Hamel, Christopher. Scribes and Illuminators. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1992. 41.
- Gaskell, Gaskell. A New Introduction to Bibliography. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1972. 52-53.
- McKerrow, Ronald B. An Introduction to Bibliography for Literary Students. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1964. 82.
- Roberts, Matt T., and Don Etherington, Bookbinding and the Conservation of books: A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology
catchword in Icelandic: Griporð
catchword in French: réclame (imprimerie)
acknowledgments, adage, ana, analects, aphorism, apothegm, axiom, back, back matter, bastard title, battle cry, bibliography, bugle call, byword, call to arms, call-up, catch line, catch phrase, clarion, clarion call, cliche, clue, collected sayings, colophon, conscription, contents, contents page, copyright page, cry, cue, cue word, current saying, dedication, device, dictate, dictum, distich, endleaf, endpaper, endsheet, epigram, epigraph, epithet, errata, evidence, exhortation, expression, fad word, flyleaf, folio, fore edge, foreword, front matter, gnome, go for broke, golden saying, gung ho, half-title page, head, hint, hot lead, imprint, index, inscription, intimation, introduction, key, key word, lead, leaf, levy, makeup, maxim, mobilization, moral, mot, motto, muster, oracle, page, pet expression, phrase, pithy saying, precept, preface, preliminaries, prescript, proverb, proverbial saying, proverbs, rally, rallying cry, rebel yell, recruitment, recto, reverso, running title, saw, saying, scent, sentence, sententious expression, shibboleth, signature, slogan, sloka, spoor, stock saying, subtitle, suggestion, sutra, table of contents, tag line, tail, teaching, telltale, text, tip-off, title, title page, trace, trim size, trumpet call, type page, verse, verso, vestige, vogue word, war cry, war whoop, watchword, whiff, wisdom, wisdom literature, wise saying, witticism, word, words of wisdom